Language selection



Natural Resources Canada administers the Explosives Act and the Explosives Regulations, 2013 to keep Canadians safe and secure. This includes regulating activities related to blasting explosives, rocket motors and special purpose explosives such as flares and reactive targets.

Consultation on explosives regulations, 2013

The Explosives Regulations, 2013 of Canada are being updated. Learn more about the consultation process and how to participate.

Services and information

Permits, licences, certificates and regulation for explosives

Requirements to authorize explosives and all other requirements for each explosives type and activity

Reporting an incident involving explosives or restricted components

How and when to report an accident or incident involving explosives

Buying, selling and storing explosives

Requirements to buy, sell and store explosives. Find out which permits, licences or certificates you need

Manufacturing and authorizing explosives

Requirements to manufacture explosives. Find out which licences or certificates you need

Importing, exporting and transporting explosives

Requirements to import, export and transport explosives. Find out which permits and licences you need

Canadian Explosives Research Laboratory (CERL)

How Canada is ensuring the safety of explosives through research, testing and certification

Contact us

Contact information for general inquiries or urgent requests related to explosives, fireworks, ammunition or restricted components.

Page details

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: