About the Awards
Celebrating ENERGY STAR® achievements
The ENERGY STAR Canada Awards recognize businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy achievements in Canada.
Please note that the Announcement of the 2023 ENERGY STAR Canada Awards has been postponed due to delays caused by the work disruption in the Spring of 2023. Stay tuned for a Fall 2023 announcement of the 2023 ENERGY STAR Canada Winners.
A Note on COVID-19 and the 2023 ENERGY STAR Canada Awards
Natural Resources Canada recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting individuals and organizations across all sectors of our global economy. Please be assured that we will take these unique circumstances into consideration when reviewing applications for the 2023 ENERGY STAR Canada Awards. For those who were unable to apply for a 2023 ENERGY STAR Canada Award due to circumstances caused by the pandemic, a lapse in recognition in 2023 will not be counted against your history of consecutive ENERGY STAR Canada Awards earned in the next (2024) application cycle.
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Appliances
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Commercial Products
- Manufacturer/ Product Brand Owner – Electronics
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – Fenestration Products
- Manufacturer / Product Brand Owner – HVAC Products
- Manufacturer/ Product Brand Owner – Lighting Products
- Retailer – National and Regional
- Utility / Program Administrator – Provincial and Regional
- Promotional Campaign of the Year
- Promoter - ENERGY STAR Most Efficient
- Recruit (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
- Sustained Excellence (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
- Special Recognition (nominations are put forth by ENERGY STAR Canada)
New Homes awards:
- Small builder: A single entity building (1-49) homes built in 2022
- Mid-size builder: A single entity building (50-249) homes built in 2022
- Large builder: A single entity building (250 or more) homes built in 2022
Existing Commercial and Institutional Buildings awards:
NRCan recognizes commercial and institutional buildings that have achieved superior energy performance. To be eligible, buildings must be ENERGY STAR certified for the current award year - no other application is required. There are 11 Building of the Year Award Categories: Hospital, Hotel and Motel, Ice and Curling Rink, K-12 School, Medical Office, Multifamily Housing, Office, Retail Store, Senior Living Community and Residential Care Facility, Supermarket and Food Store and Warehouse.
Please visit our Awards Descriptions page for more information about each award.
Submitting your application
Applications and supporting material are to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org between January 5, 2023 and March 6, 2023. All application forms and supporting material must be sent by midnight EST on March 6, 2023. NRCan will not accept any applications after that date. An email acknowledging your submission will be sent within two business days.
ENERGY STAR Canada reserves the right to withhold any of the award categories.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: