Fees for XRF Analyzer Operator Certification
NRCan NDTCB Service fees update
The NRCan NDTCB is implementing a service fees update to existing fees; this update will take effect April 1, 2023. Application and fee submissions to the NRCan NDTCB that are postmarked, emailed or faxed after March 31, 2023 are subject to the new fee schedule.
Recommended examination centre fees update
The recommended examination centre fees will also be updated, effective April 1, 2023. Please contact your applicable examination centre for full details about their specific fees, which may differ from the recommended fees listed below.
New Electronic Payment System
The NDTCB has introduced an important update to its program for all users. An electronic payment system has been introduced to provide flexibility when applying for certification. Pre-authorized payment included with an application will still be processed. If payment is needed to process your application, you will receive a specific email from the NRCan NDTCB providing you with the appropriate payment link to our secure online payment system.
The following table shows the fees for initial x-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer operator certification for validity periods of one and five years from the date of issue of certification.
|1-Year Validity||5-Year Validity||Examination Centre Fees (Suggested)|
|NRCan NDTCB Application Fee||$65||$165||-|
|Level 1 Exam||$65||$65||$60|
|Level 1 Totals||$130||$230||$60|
|Level 2 Exam||$40||$40||$35|
|Level 2 Totals||$170||$270||$95|
Notes about fees
- All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Examination centre fees are payable directly to the examination centre.
- Payment of fees does not complete or guarantee the application and examination process. Examinations will not be processed until full completion, verification, and Natural Resources Canada Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body approval of application, required fees and requisites are met.
- We accept company cheques, money orders and credit cards (MasterCard, Visa or American Express). We do not accept personal cheques. Company cheques and money orders are payable to the Receiver General for Canada. If paying by credit card, print the name shown on the credit card, card number, expiry date and authorized payment amount, and include the cardholder signature. Payments from other government departments must be made via inter-departmental FIS transactions.
- To protect your payment information, we ask that all forms containing credit card information (MasterCard, Visa, American Express) be submitted via fax or mail only. Do not send credit card information by e-mail. If you have any questions, please call 1-866-858-0473.
- Fees and other process requirements are subject to change. All fees are subject to the current fee schedule in effect.
- Date modified: