Forest sector funding programs
Federal funding programs supported by the Canadian Forest Service help diversify forest products, markets and processes to support the competitiveness of Canada’s forest sector.
- 2 Billion Trees program supports tree planting projects as part of the Government of Canada’s commitment to plant two billion trees by 2030 and establishes the nature-based building blocks needed to get to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Early Intervention Strategy Small Scale Research program supports scientific research that addresses key science needs for spruce budworm management activities.
- Expanding Market Opportunities Program increases market opportunities for the Canadian forest industry in offshore markets and non-residential construction and mid-rise segments in North American markets.
- Forest Innovation Program supports early stage innovation that accelerates the growth of Canada’s bioeconomy through investments in research, development and technology transfer activities in the forest sector.
- Green Construction through Wood (GCWood) Program encourages the use of innovative wood-based building systems and technologies and advanced bio-products in construction projects in new and existing buildings that are highly replicable to help decarbonize Canada’s built environment.
- Indigenous Forestry Initiative helps to increase the participation of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in the Canadian economy and improve economic outcomes for Indigenous peoples throughout Canada.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation Program supports Canada’s forest sector in becoming more competitive, resilient and environmentally sustainable through targeted investments that accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies and products.
- Date modified: