Forest sector funding programs
Federal Court certifies Government of Canada privacy breach class action
If you received a Notice of Certification or have reason to believe that you were affected by a privacy breach with respect to your personal or financial information accessed through Government of Canada online accounts between March 1 and December 31, 2020, you may be eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit: Government of Canada privacy breach class action.
Federal funding programs supported by the Canadian Forest Service help diversify forest products, markets and processes to support the competitiveness of Canada’s forest sector.
- 2 Billion Trees program supports tree planting projects as part of the Government of Canada’s commitment to plant two billion trees by 2030 and establishes the nature-based building blocks needed to get to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Early Intervention Strategy Small Scale Research program supports scientific research that addresses key science needs for spruce budworm management activities.
- Expanding Market Opportunities Program increases market opportunities for the Canadian forest industry in offshore markets and non-residential construction and mid-rise segments in North American markets.
- Forest Innovation Program supports early stage innovation that accelerates the growth of Canada’s bioeconomy through investments in research, development and technology transfer activities in the forest sector.
- Green Construction through Wood (GCWood) Program encourages the use of innovative wood-based building technologies in construction projects, such as tall wood buildings, timber bridges, and low-rise wood commercial buildings to help decarbonize Canada’s built environment with renewable resources.
- Indigenous Forestry Initiative helps to increase the participation of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in the Canadian economy and improve economic outcomes for Indigenous peoples throughout Canada.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation Program supports Canada’s forest sector in becoming more competitive, resilient and environmentally sustainable through targeted investments that accelerate the adoption of innovative technologies and products.
- Date modified: