Net-Zero Energy Ready, New Construction Demonstration Program
Energy Efficient Buildings and Communities
- BC Ministry of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources
- Forestry Innovation Innitiative
Various locations, BC
Find out more
The main objective of this project is to support and promote the design and construction of Net-Zero Ready (NZER) commercial, institutional, and multi-family residential buildings in British Columbia.
The project will support the adoption of higher-efficiency building standards, including the top tier of the BC Energy Step Code and the Passive House Standard.
Results of the project will include:
- 6 to 10 new buildings built to NZER standards with highly efficient building envelopes.
- Case studies highlighting technologies and techniques used to achieve NZER buildings at minimal costs.
- Operating data on building energy consumption to verify actual building performance.
The project will support Canada’s targets for Net-Zero Energy Ready building codes by 2030.
Economic benefits include an estimated $200M in new construction spending in BC for the new builds and reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the building sector.
- Date modified: