Fighting and Managing Wildfires in a Changing Climate Program: Equipment fund
Budget 2022 provides $256 million, over five years starting 2022-23, to support the efforts of provinces and territories to strengthen capacities and capabilities in fire management across Canada by procuring specialized wildland firefighting equipment.
Recipients and cost sharing
|Eligible recipients||Cost sharing|
|Provincial Governments||Up to 50% of the total cost of the project|
|Territorial Governments||Up to 75% of the total cost of the project|
Funds may be used for expenses related to the attainment of the Fighting and Managing Wildfires in a Changing Climate Program’s (FMWCC) objective and necessary for the implementation and conduct of approved projects which include:
- Salaries, benefits and stipends
- Professional and contracting services, including printing and translation services
- Training, including facility rental and costs to develop training
- Capital expenditures such as the purchase, installation, testing and commissioning of qualifying equipment for managing wildfire risk (examples include vehicles, aircraft, drones, mobile camps, structure protection units, heavy equipment and specialty equipment, etc.)
- Materials and equipment for managing wildfire risk (communications equipment, personal protective equipment and other non-capital equipment)
- Informatics and information technology and systems, including software and hardware;
- Refitting, repairs and refurbishment of equipment
- Honoraria for Elders and Indigenous ceremonial costs
- GST, PST or HST, net of any tax rebate to which the recipient is entitled
- Capital costs for the construction of buildings or the purchase of land or buildings are not eligible.
Evaluations of requests for funding will include:
- The degree to which the project aligns with the program objectives
- Achievable timelines and milestones
- Budget with reasonable cost estimates to achieve project objectives and deliverables
If you have any questions or comments, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: