Manage your energy use with ENERGY STAR®
ENERGY STAR certified office products save energy through efficient design and power management options. They use less energy to perform regular tasks, and when not in use, automatically enter a low-power mode. Make the switch to ENERGY STAR certified office equipment to cut your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Whether it’s in the office or at home, ENERGY STAR certifies a variety of office products, such as multi-function devices (all-in-one scanners and printers) as well as computers, modems and routers, and even servers, all designed to help you get the job done more efficiently.
That’s why, when buying office equipment, it’s important to remember that the cost of energy to operate a product over its lifetime is just as important as its purchase price. With so many energy-using products in your home or office, bills can add up quickly.
ENERGY STAR certified office equipment
The following ENERGY STAR certified office equipment is available in Canada. Click on each product to learn more.
- Digital signage
- Imaging equipment
- Internet (VoIP) phones
- Cut back on “standby” power consumption by using “smart” power bars or unplugging infrequently-used items. Learn more about standby power.
- Give your energy bill a vacation! If the office will be empty for an extended period of time, take a few minutes before you leave to unplug your electronics to prevent unnecessary power loss.
- For further information on improving energy efficiency at home or work, visit the Spotlight on energy efficiency blog.
- See our list of ENERGY STAR participating manufacturers and retailers.
Tools to find energy-efficient electronics
- The easiest way to identify efficient office equipment is to look for the ENERGY STAR symbol. All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
- The ENERGY STAR Most Efficient designation is offered each year to products that are “the best of the best” – the top energy performers in their class. Learn more about ENERGY STAR Most Efficient.
- Find certified products using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder. (You will be redirected to the U.S. ENERGY STAR website. Click “Canada” as your market).
Follow us on any of our social media channels for energy-efficient tips, rebates, giveaways and much more. The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
Connect with us
Follow us on any of our social media channels for energy-efficient tips, rebates, giveaways and much more.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: