Language selection


Recruitment Programs

Are you a:

  • Student looking to develop and enhance your work skills?

    Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)

    Are you a full-time student? Do you want to get a well-paying job that will strengthen your skills and improve your employability?

    If YES, you can apply now to the Federal Student Work Experience Program.

    By identifying yourself as Aboriginal or disabled, you will automatically be enrolled in the YASEO or ISEO recruitment program.

     Student Patrick Gagné describes his FSWEP experience

    Post-secondary Co-op/Internship Program

    Do you need to complete a CO-OP or Internship in order to graduate?

    Would you like to gain practical and relevant work experience while achieving the objectives of your program?

    You will find all our CO-OP/Internship offers on the notice boards of your campus!

    Contact your CO-OP/Internship Coordinator for more information and visit the Public Service Commission's CO-OP/Internship Program website for more information!

    Research Affiliate Program (RAP)

    Are you passionate about research and need experience in applied research to complete your degree?

    Check the GC Jobs site to see what options are available to you. To find them more easily select Graduate Programs and Student Programs in the left column under the Job types tab.

    For more information, please visit the RAP website.

    Did you know?

    If you have already been hired into the federal government as a student (through FSWEP, COOP/Internship or RAP programs) and you have graduated, you can get a term or indeterminate position without going through a selection process!

    Candidates interested in pursuing a career at NRCan are invited to submit their profile to the Student Bridging Inventory. Once complete, hiring managers will be able to review your profile and consider you for positions within our organization.

  • Graduate looking to gain valuable work experience?

    Graduates – Gain valuable work experience

    Graduates of a recognized degree program from a university or college in a relevant field or specialization can apply for the following programs. Please consult the individual program below for application requirements.

    Postdoctoral Research Program (PRP)

    Have you completed your doctoral degree within the last three years?

    Are you interested in working with research groups or research leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions across Canada?

    If you answered YES to these questions, we want your application!

    For more information, please visit the Postdoctoral Research Program website.

    Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP)

    • Want to make a difference?
    • Have a keen interest in public policy or economics?
    • Thrive in teamwork situations?
    • Strive for excellence?

    The Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP) is NRCan’s signature accelerated development program.

    Be part of a network of Master's and PhD graduates who share a strong interest in public policy and strengthen NRCan's policy leadership capacity.

    This program will give you the necessary skills and knowledge to become a leader in policy.

    Diversity in STEM: Re-entry Program

    Woman or Indigenous graduate from a science, technology, engineering or mathematics program looking to re-enter the workforce?

    Applications are now closed. Check back for updates on the progress and future of this pilot program.

    Find more career opportunities and programs here.

    If you are a woman or Indigenous graduate from a science, technology, engineering or mathematics program and have not worked in the field for five or more years, you can apply for an exciting new opportunity in the fields of minerals and metals, geoscience, earth dynamics, land surveying and explosives.

    Apply to the Diversity in STEM: Re-entry Program and tell us why you would be the perfect candidate.

    Applicants must

    • Have a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
    • Be a woman or Indigenous
    • Have been outside the STEM field for five years

    The program will provide science and policy experience over the course of two six-month assignments in fields related to geology, mapping, surveying, environmental sciences, mining and metallurgy.

  • Veteran/Reservist looking for another way to serve Canada?

    Veterans/Reservists – Another way to serve Canadians

    At NRCan, we know that Canadian Armed Forces members and Reservists in transition have skills, abilities and competencies that apply to the various positions in our sectors.  

    We work closely with Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) by participating in targeted outreach activities, promoting VAC staffing tools and by exploring ways to improve the onboarding experience of new veteran hires.

    Have you heard of the MNET tool? It is a ‘Military to Civilian’ or ‘Civilian to Military’ job translator to adjust your CV to better promote the transferable skills you have acquired in the military.

    Apply now! Find out which job opportunities are best suited to your skills and interests.

  • Looking for other recruitment programs?

    Other recruitment programs

    Federal Internship for Newcomers Program (FIN)

    Have you been a permanent resident or Canadian citizen for 10 years or less and would like to gain Canadian work experience?

    Would you like to work in a field such as administration, project management, politics, research, finance or computer science?

    If you are interested in this program, you must register with a FIN partner immigrant-serving organization (ISO) and undergo a full screening process at least one month prior to the opening of the FIN Program - early May each year.

    Find out more information on the FIN program and admission requirements .

    Specialized Public Service Recruitment Programs

    Haven't found a recruitment program that fits your needs? Find out more information on specialized public service recruitment programs:

Page details

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: