Commissioning for New Buildings
Commissioning (Cx) is an intensive quality assurance process that begins at the design phase of a new building and continues throughout its construction, occupation and operation (usually during the first 12 months). Cx is a process that ensures that the new building functions as the owner initially intended and that the building staff can operate the building and ensure its maintenance.
For Successful Commissioning
For a successful Cx project, CanmetENERGY offers engineers, technicians, managers, owners and stakeholders tools for the various stages of building construction – from design to post-construction.
- harmonize the work and coordination between the different trades at the building design phase
- better planning of work and, therefore, compliance with deadlines
- ensure the optimization of installations
- reduce building operation and maintenance costs
- prolong the life of installations
To Ensure the Persistence of Commissioning Benefits
CanmetENERGY developed the DABOTMapplication software tool, which continuously monitors a building’s electromechanical components. To date, use of the software has yielded energy savings of 10 to 25% in the buildings in which it has been installed.
For additional information on Cx, consult the publications on that subject.
Managed by CanmetENERGY at the Varennes (Quebec) research centre.
- Date modified: