ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry
Apply to take the challenge
Reduce your facility’s energy by 10% within 5 years. Achieving this goal will earn you ENERGY STAR® recognition. You can proudly display the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry logo – a recognized name in industrial energy efficiency.
Why you should participate
- reduce costs
- increase profitability
- protect the environment
- earn ENERGY STAR® recognition
- no cost registration
Who can participate
To be eligible for recognition, your facility must:
have at least 50% of its energy use in manufacturing, and research and development
How to participate
Step 1: Request the participant handbook by email at: ENERGYSTAR-Industry@canada.ca.
We will send you the Challenge application package and support you through the process.
Step 2: Follow these steps to make it happen
The energy use data must cover the whole facility.
Use a method of your choice.
The baseline must include a continuous 12-month period.
Establish an Energy Tracking Plan and maintain records.
Complete the registration form and submit to ENERGYSTAR-Industry@canada.ca.
* Note: Standard processing time is within 30 business days.
Compare energy intensity reductions over at least 12 consecutive months against the baseline period.
Provide the Statement of Energy Improvement, the P. Eng. verification checklist and the recognition application form.
ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry recognition
Facilities that achieve the goal will receive:
- an official ENERGY STAR certificate from NRCan
- a congratulatory letter from NRCan to the company’s CEO, highlighting the facility’s accomplishments
- recognition on the ENERGY STAR website
- use of ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry logo
Share with your management, colleagues and staff:
- Challenge overview (PDF, 311 KB)
- Guidelines for Energy Management (PDF, 1.05 MB)
The ENERGY STAR® name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: