Codes Acceleration Fund
The Codes Acceleration Fund (CAF) will advance the Government of Canada’s action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption to fight climate change while strengthening the economy.
Call for proposals will be open until April 14th, 2023 11:59 pm EDT
Indigenous applicants will have until March 31, 2025 11:59 pm EDT to submit their proposals. Read the Codes Acceleration Fund Application Guide for full details on the CAF and how to apply.
The three objectives of the CAF are to:
- Accelerate the adoption and implementation of the highest feasible energy performance tiers of the national model energy codes or other high-performance building codes, such as net-zero emissions codes
- Promote higher rates of compliance with adopted codes
- Build capacity and support market preparedness for ambitious codes adoption
A total of $100 million is available until March 31, 2027, and will cover two streams.
Stream 1 – You have the authority to adopt energy codes
This stream will provide financial support to provinces, territories, municipalities, and Indigenous governments and communities that have the authority to adopt energy codes, to support their efforts to accelerate code adoption, and to address gaps in code compliance and enforcement in their jurisdiction. Approximately $80 million is available for Stream 1. This amount is subject to change.
- Canadian provincial, territorial and regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies that have the authority to adopt energy codes
- Indigenous governing bodies, organizations (for profit and not-for-profit) and communities that have the authority to adopt energy codes
Applicants must demonstrate how they propose to accelerate code adoption beyond current plans, increase compliance, and support other capacity building activities in their jurisdiction.
Stream 2 – You do not have the authority to adopt energy codes
This stream will fund organizations that do not have the authority to adopt building energy codes to deliver projects that contribute to code adoption, compliance, and enforcement, either within a single jurisdiction, or preferably on a broader scale. This may include developing training, tools, resources, and other capacity building activities. Approximately $20 million is available for Stream 2. This amount is subject to change.
- Not-for-profit organizations that are legally incorporated or registered in Canada, including educational institutions
- Regional and municipal governments that do not have the authority to adopt building energy by-laws and codes
- For-profit organizations that are legally incorporated or registered in Canada with established businesses in Canada
- Indigenous governing bodies, organizations (for profit and not-for-profit) and communities that do not have the authority to adopt building by-laws and codes
Applicants must demonstrate how they plan to develop capacity building resources, tools, and approaches that will accelerate code adoption, compliance, and/or enforcement, as well as expand and disseminate the results of their project.
Connect with us
If you have questions or comments about the CAF, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: