Indigenous participation in mining information
Information products on Indigenous participation in exploration and mining, and tools for capacity-building and sound decision-making.
Aboriginal Participation in Mining (1.05 MB) –Bulletin on common issues related to Indigenous peoples and communities involved in mining, including environmental practices, business and career opportunities.
Interactive Map of Indigenous Mining Agreements - Exploration projects and producing mines, and the types of agreements negotiated.
Guide to exploration and mining for Aboriginal communities – Basic explanations on the mining sequence from exploration to mining closure, including the regulatory process, socio-economic opportunities and successful partnerships.
Trainer’s Manual – Guide to help trainers/teachers deliver information sessions using the Exploration and Mining Guide for Indigenous Communities as a workbook.
Mining Essentials: Work Readiness Training for Indigenous Peoples - MiHR | Mining Industry Human Resources Council – Overview of career choices and opportunities, providing practical information aimed at attracting Indigenous men, women and youth to seek rewarding careers in the mining industry.
Partnership Agreements — fact sheets highlighting leading collaboration practices between Indigenous communities and the mining industry
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum
- Communities and Small-Scale Mining (World Bank)
- Council for the Advancement of Native Development Officers
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development
- International Council on Mining and Metals
- Mining Association of Canada
- Mining Industry Human Resources Council
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada: Aboriginal Affairs
- Date modified: