Streaming Media – Text Version
Make the simple choice to do it smarter.
Did you know?
ENERGY STAR certified products that enable streaming, modems/routers, set top boxes, digital media players, computers, laptops, TVs, and smart TVs are 25% more energy efficient.
- Streaming to a large screen
- Smart TVs = Smart Choice.
- Smart TVs with built-in components and user interfaces to enable streaming are the most efficient way to stream content to the large screen.
- Digital media player 15x more efficient.
- Digital media players (e.g., Roku, AppleTV), use 15 times less energy than a game console.
- Streaming to a small screen
- Tablet 4x more efficient.
- Tablets use 4 times less energy than a laptop.
Learn more at energystar.gc.ca
Natural Resources Canada’s ENERGY STAR program provides simple tips and information to help you save energy and money, and protect the climate.
Source: U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)