Explore Our Maps
List of Map Collections:
Toporama – Mapping Tool
The Mapping tool is a dynamic map viewer offering a complete coverage of the country at national, regional and local scales.
Toporama – Mapping Tool allows to:
- Search place names.
- Measure distances.
- Selectively display individual Toporama layers such as transportation, contours, hydrography or place names.
- Choose from 3 base layers: Hillshade, Landsat imagery and the Canada Base Map.
- Control the level of layer transparency.
- Display the water flow to see downstream flow direction.
- Customize your map by adding text using the drawing tools.
- Add your own data points to the map by importing them from a CSV file.
- Import annotations to add to your map.
- Download raster maps, vector data, and elevation data.
The maps show in detail:
- ground relief (landforms and terrain);
- drainage (lakes and rivers);
- forest cover;
- administrative areas;
- populated areas;
- roads and transport facilities (including roads and railways);
- other constructed features.
- Atlas of Canada (at the scale of 1: 1 000 000 to 1:30 000 000);
- National Topographic Data Base (NTDB) at the scale of 1:250 000;
- CanVec at the scale of 1:50 000.
Reference maps encompass international, national and provincial maps in addition to basic black and white outline maps that include capital city locations and/or names.
To view these maps, choose one from the list of reference maps.
All of The Atlas of Canada's maps are freely available for downloading. This includes all past six editions, federal election and poster maps and many others.
To view these maps, choose one from the list of map archives.
This section provides a description and purchasing information for a series of national and international printed wall maps produced by the Atlas of Canada.
To view these maps, choose one from the list of wall maps.
Selected Thematic Maps
This section provides access to a selection of downloadable thematic maps produced by the Atlas of Canada.
To view these maps, choose one from the list of selected thematic maps.
- Date modified: