Towerbirch Expansion Project
Thank you for your participation. This engagement is now closed as the opportunity to participate was from October 6th until November 26th. Do keep an eye out for the release of a public report (coming soon!) on the site summarizing all the great ideas we have heard.
What is the Towerbirch Pipeline Expansion Project?
On 2 September 2015, the National Energy Board (Board or NEB) received NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd.’s (NGTL) Application for approvals to construct and operate pipeline facilities that will be part of the existing NGTL System. The proposed Towerbirch Expansion Project (Project) includes:
- construction of 87 km of new gas pipelines and associated facilities in northwest Alberta and northeast British Columbia,
- Tower Lake Section (32 km of 762 mm OD pipe)
- Groundbirch Mainline Loop (55 km of 914 mm OD pipe)
- additional associated facilities, including meter stations, valve sites and pipeline tie-ins.
This map provides an overview of the Towerbirch Expansion Project.
Links to additional information
Learn more about the NGTL Towerbirch Expansion Project:
- The Government of Canada’s Interim Approach for the Review of Existing Projects
- Project proponent’s website: TransCanada
- Recommendations and Conditions of the National Energy Board for the NGTL Towerbirch Expansion Project
- Environment and Climate Change Canada’s assessment of upstream greenhouse gas emissions: Review of Related Upstream Greenhouse Gas Emissions Estimates
- Date modified: