Importer's reminder card
Importing regulated energy-using products
Canada’s Energy Efficiency Act and Energy Efficiency Regulations prohibit the importation of certain energy-using products (for the purpose of sale or lease) unless specific requirements are met by importers/dealers.
Regulated Products Footnote 1
Our import reporting requirements (five data elements)Footnote 2:
- Name of the product (example: dishwasher)
- Model number of the product (for motors, the model number or the unique motor identifier)
- Brand name (if any)
- Address of the dealer
- Purpose of the importation
For more information:
- Energy efficiency regulations
- Memorandum D19-6-3 (Canada Border Services Agency: Importation of Energy-using Products)
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Date modified: